Vintage WALDERSHOF Bavaria Porcelain Gold Pink Fragonard Cream & Sugar Creamer Waldershof
• Can't afford a romantic Fragonard oil painting? Here's the next best thing!
Vintage WALDERSHOF Bavaria Cream and Sugar set with illustrations of Fragonard 18th century French courting couples on BOTH sides.
Cream pitcher is open with single handle, and sugar bowl has a cover and two handles
• by the Franz Neukirchner Porcelain Works for them hence the N on base
• Neukirchner Porzellan specialized in chocolate sets
• They have Fragonard under them in tiny letters
• They look handpainted but I can't tell??? Not obviously litho
• The colors are glorious, pink and cream with lots of gilded lines and swirls. Most Neukirchner used real gold in their gilded flourishes, and I believe this is true of these as well
• Cream pitcher is 3 1/2” tall and 4” wide at handle, Sugar bowl is 4 1/2” tall and 5 1/2” wide across handless
• Fine, light porcelain of exceptional quality
• With dome lid
• Marked on base with Waldershof Bavaria mark and N for Neukirshner
• Beautiful Condition! These were carefully stored, and probably never used. No sign of wear to gilding or decorations. No chips, cracks, scratches or breaks. Color is lovely! Gilding is bright fresh and all there. Neukirschner used real gold in their gilding, and this may well be that. illustrations on both sides is a Fragonard scene and has Fragonard in tiny letters. They look handpainted???